Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Rain, Rain, Come Again!!!!

Rain, Rain Come Again...

Urghh...Oh my Holy God!
i cannot remember that rhyme, i just know it, wait, let me try, just once more,
rain rain...oh what is it!
i even remember the illustration in my rhyme book
there was an umbrella, and drops of rain
and a small boy foreboding the rain to go away!
Ahh...there...visual recall!*

*I don't think in capitals, that's why the change in style, but I do think in green. Really!


Now let me try

Rain, Rain, Go Away
Come again another day
Little someone* wants to play
Rain, Rain, Go Away.......

*someone = arthur, kids, john (of course) [and the other variants of english names. (we wouldn't say li'l rama/gopi/raju wants to play)].

Wait, I wonder why these are the only names that strike me now.

AHH!!!! Thank God. Now I have a better thought. At least I remember my rhyme if not action potentials or scaffolding! I shall definitely write a longer post and describe my rhyme book and learning as I toddled! It remains a mystery till today.

Oh my! I really do digress, but that's what's interesting too.

So, it's raining here, where I live. No, not like the way it rains cats and dogs in Bangalore (because i only know of those), it's just a damp drizzle which doubtlessly did us a lot of good. A lot of respite from the heat of Pune.

Merry times are here, rejoice people!

Hope rains are showered often enough and the city flourishes and green-ing begins.

PS : It's mainly a lot of fun to blog because you can wonder aloud, and digress as you feel!

PPS : And, I don't want the rain to go away, hope the heavens haven't listened too attentively!

So long

I really have to confess, I got the first line from google!

2 comments:

  1. The first few times I read the Rain, Rain... this song kept coming to my head: Raining in my Heart
    (
    Rainman, rainman go away. Come around some other day.

    The sun is out - the sky is blue
    there’s not a cloud to spoil the view
    but it’s raining - raining in my heart

    The weather man says clear today
    he doesn’t know you’ve gone away
    and it’s raining - raining in my heart

    Oh, misery - misery
    what’s gonna become of me

    I tell my blues they musn’t show
    but soon these tears are bound to flow
    cause it’s raining - raining in my heart

    But it’s raining - raining in my heart

    And it’s raining - raining in my heart)

    I realised only later that you are asking the rain to come to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh damn. Now I know. The song Rain, rain.. got me into Raining in my Heart rightly, but the title of your post must have confused me!

    ReplyDelete