Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Guess

The crisp, uncrinkled daily lands with a smooth skid and you acknowledge its presence as you take your eyes of the cooling coffee. A silent stretch and you are off to melt into the world with its woes, worries, joys and jargon. Sifting through the carbon-filled pages, sipping the cooled coffee, some days you look at me walking groggily with a toothbrush docked in my mouth, other days you watch me come with a few deliberate droplets of water on my eyes. Trying to stifle a smile, I stride upto you (inspite of the sleepiness), and wrestle with words (mostly due to my incapacity in others). After a much expected defeat, I slide onto the sofa and wait for the coffee to come. Meanwhile, digesting a 14 pg newspaper, you trot away to do your chores of the day. And that's when I pick it up. Trying to leave the paper as uncrinkled as it was after you read it to prevent detection, I skim through the pages catching words - here and there - Power cuts - Water woes - Bribery - Money - Investment - Victory and done! My paper reading for the day is over.

May be it's inherent, may be it's just me, but what I dislike the most is creases on papers - papers whatsoever, the fresh morning daily, radiant sheets from an A4 bundle, unnecessary folds on answer scripts, casual creases on my notes, thumbing of page edges, browning due to touch., Oh STOP!

Do people ever notice it? Or they don't care?

Either way, let me not spot another unnecessarily crinkled sheet!

Momentarily disgruntled this morning-ly
Yours

PS : When you're hungry and have no option, look on peacefully at the vada-pav guy who packs it up in newspaper just so he leaves you less hungry.

And yes, what do you think the first passage is about? I thank YOU in this passage. Post your guesses.

4 comments:

  1. Well..so who is it ? I'd make a guess at one of the people in the hostel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it sounds a lot like 'appude' but u do most of what u have described save the sofa and coffee......in the morn with the toothbrush,at the mess,in the bus............

    ReplyDelete
  3. That leaves only the flinching at folded papers at the first level and reacting if it gets worse. But thats not a lot of fun.
    Yours

    ReplyDelete